Refereed Journal Articles (Published):
Texas State student names are underlined.
- Jitendra S. Tate, Adekunle T. Akinola, Sergio Espinoza, Swapnil Gaikwad, Dinesh Kumar Kannabiran Vasudevan, Stephen Sprenger and Kunal Kumar, “Tension-tension fatigue performance and stiffness degradation of nanosilica modified glass fiber reinforced composites”, Journal of Composites Materials, Sage Publications, May 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/0021998317714855
- Tate, J. , Hernandez, R.A., Hanks, C., Trybula, W., & Fazarro, D (2016). “Addressing ethical and safety issues of nanotechnology in health and medicine in undergraduate engineering and technology curriculum”, Global Journal of Engineering Education, 18 (1), pp 30-34. Published
- D. Fazarro, C. Hanks, J. Tate, and W. Trybula, and (2016). “Introducing Engineering And Technology Majors To Nano-Safety And Ethics”, The Technology Interface International Journal (TIIJ). Published Volume 17, Number 1, Fall/Winter 2016, pp 5-17. http://tiij.org/issues/issues/fall2016/fall_winter_2016.htm
- J. Tate, S. Espinoza, D. Habbit, C. Hanks, W. Trybula, and D. Fazarro, "Military and National Security Implications of Nanotechnology", Journal of Technology Studies, Issue 1, Volume XLI, Spring 2015. http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/JOTS/
- D. Fazarro, J. Tate, W. Trybula, C. Hanks, R. McLean, S. Dutta, and A. Mokhtari, “Evaluating Students’ Perceptions for the Ethics Module Content in Nanotechnology Safety: Meeting the Needs for Post-Secondary Students in STEM Areas”, Journal of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering, vol. 31, no. 1, Jan-March 2015.
- R. K. Pandey, W. A. Stapleton, J. S. Tate, A. K. Bandyopadhyay, I. Sutanto, S. Sprissler and S. Lin. “Applications of CCTO supercapacitor in energy storage and electronics” AIP Advances, 25 vol.3, issue 6. http://link.aip.org/link/?ADV/3/062126&aemail=author, June 2013,
- J. S. Tate, S.Gaikwad, N. Theodoropoulou, E. Trevino, and J. H. Koo, “Carbon/phenolic nanocomposites as advanced thermal protection material in aerospace applications”, Journal of Composites, Hindwai Publications, vol. 2013, Article ID 403656, 9 pages, June 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/403656. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/composites/contents/
- J. Koo, M. Natali, J. Tate, and M. Mensah, “A Review of Polymer Nanocomposites as Advanced Thermal Protection Materials”, International Journal of Energetic Materials and Chemical Propulsion, Accepted April 2013
- J.S. Tate, Esmer Trevino, Swapnil Gaikwad, Stephen Sprenger, Isidro Rosas, and Matt Andrews, “Low-velocity impact studies on glass reinforced composites using rubber micro-particles and silica nano-particles modified epoxy resin”, Journal of Nanoscience, Nanoengineering, and Applications, vol. 3, issue 1, ISSN: 2231-1777, January 2013.
- S.Gaikwad, J. S. Tate, N. Theodoropoulou, and J. H. Koo , “Electrical And Mechanical Properties Of PA11 Blended With Nanographene Platelets Using Industrial Twin Screw Extruder For Selective Laser Sintering”, Journal of Composites Materials, vol. 47, issue 23, pp. 2973-2986, October 2013, Available online September 2012.
- J.S. Tate, S. Gaikwad, C. J. Jacobs, W. Stapleton, N. Theodoropoulou, and J. H. Koo, “PA11 Blended With Nanographene Platelets Using Sonication For ESD Applications” , Nanotrends - A Journal of Nanotechnology & its Applications, vol. 13, Issue 1, pp. 18-31, August 2012.
- C. Jacobs, J. S. Tate, B. Olson, N. Theodoropoulou, and J. Koo, “Thermal characterization of nylon 11 / nanographene platelet nanocomposites” , Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, American Scientific Publishers, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1799–1805(7), March 2012
- J. S. Tate, D. Kabakov, and J.Koo, “Carbon/phenolic nanocomposites for ablative applications”, SAMPE Journal, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 36-43, May/June 2011.
- D. Kabakov, J. S. Tate, and J. Koo, “Effect of dispersion techniques on flammability and mechanical properties of phenolic/E-glass nanocomposites”, Journal of Fire Science, Sage Publications, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 387-402, September 2011.
- J. S. Tate, A. T. Akinola, and D. Kabakov, “Biobased nanocomposites: an alternative to traditional composites”, Journal of Technology Studies, vol. XXXV, no. 1, pp. 25-32, 2009.
- J. S. Tate, A. D. Kelkar, and V. A. Kelkar, “Minimizing scatter in load-controlled fatigue test data of textile polymeric composites using statistical techniques”, Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 283-292, 2009.
- J. S. Tate and A.D. Kelkar, “Stiffness degradation modeling of biaxial braided composites”, Composites Part B: Engineering, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 548-555, 2008.
- J. S. Tate and V. Sriraman, “Developing research aptitude in senior year manufacturing engineering students”, UICEE’s World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education, vol. 6, no.2, pp. 267-70, 2007.
- J. S. Tate and V. Sriraman, “Project based approach to teaching of ‘computer aided engineering’ to a multidisciplinary student population”, UICEE’s World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 71-74, 2007.
- X. Tang, J. Whitcomb, A. D. Kelkar, and J. S. Tate, “Progressive failure analysis of 2x2 braided composites exhibiting multiscale heterogeneity”, Composites Science and Technology, vol. 66, issue 14, pp. 2580-2590, 2006.
- J. S. Tate A. D. Kelkar, and J. D. Whitcomb, “Effect of braid angle on fatigue performance of biaxial braided composites”, International Journal of Fatigue, vol.28, issue 10, pp. 1239-124, 2006.
- A. D. Kelkar, J. S. Tate, and R. Bolick, “Structural integrity of aerosapce textile composites under fatigue loading”, Materials Science and Engineering: B, vol. 132, issues 1-2, pp. 79-84, 2006.
- A. D. Kelkar, J. S. Tate, and P. Chaphalkar, “Performance evaluation of VARTM manufactured textile composites for aerospace and defense applications”, Materials Science and Engineering: B, vol. 132, issues 1-2, pp. 126-128, 2006.
- A. D. Kelkar and J. S. Tate, “Low cost manufacturing of textile composite using VARTM process”, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Research, vol. 1, 2004.