- Advanced polymeric composites using hand layup; prepreg; vacuum infusion; and compression molding
- Nanostructured composites using nanographene, multiwall carbon nanotubes, nanosilica, nanoalumina, and nanoclay.
- Fiber reinforced polymer composites using carbon, glass, aramid, natural fibers, and hybrid.
- Sustainable composites using ecofriendly processes and renewable fibers and resins.
- Thermoplastics composites
- Dispersion of nanoparticles in liquid polymer resin using sonication, high shear mixing, stand mixing, and planetary centrifugal mixing
- Injection molding
- Compression molding
- Extrusion- Single screw extruder
- Additive manufacturing- Fused deposition modelling
- Static mechanical testing: tension; compression; shear; flexure; interlaminar shear; and fracture
- Cyclic fatigue tests up to 100 Hz frequency
- Low velocity drop impact and Izod impact tests
- Hardness testing: Brinnell/Rockwell/Barcol
- Thermal: coefficient of thermal expansion, glass transition temperature, heat deflection temperature
- Optical microscopy
- Ablative properties using ‘Oxyacetelene Test Bed (OTB)' facility
- Viscosity measurement
- Thermal imaging
- Electrical resistivity